Sunday, March 18, 2007

It's been an interesting year.


As I sit on the couch, needing to grade a huge stack of essays, wanting to make banana bread, and yearning to curl up in bed (which I need to change the sheets on. . .), I am contemplating all that this school year has brought me. I am actually looking forward to NOT grading papers every weekend and making lesson plans and being "on" for 8+ hours per day--not to mention the 50+ emails I have received from students today full of questions about their research paper. I find myself almost NOT CARING about how they do on assignments. I just want to assign them and then recycle them. Give everyone an A and call it a day.


I was qualifying for scoring Oregon State Writing Assessments today, and I looked around me and noticed several things: the majority of these teachers were severely obese (275+ pounds), had little to no personality, or were just starting out and full of all sorts of 'new ideas' for why we haven't been increasing scores--all the while they're teaching at some new magnet school that has 100 students and they are in transition to college. . .


Enough of that. I need a change. A new job or a new location. I feel like I'm in a rut and I don't like it.

No comments: